Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Brazilian Street Carnaval 2008

I opened up the show for the 2008 Long Beach Brazilian Street Carnaval, put on by Sambala Samba School and RioBela Productions, this past sunday and had an amazing day. The weather was perfect, the people were beautiful and the food, drink and music was impeccable. Add in two beautiful parades and the day was a great success. I played my version of Girl From Ipanema, which I am in the midst of pre production for the studio recording and I was also honored to be joined on stage by Michael Sandoval, Jason Brancazio, Jason Lee Bruns and Marlon Fuentes! We were also honored to have The King of Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro, Alex de Oliveira and the Queen of Percussion of Mocidade de Independente, Thatiana Pagung, as guests from Brazil. They truly topped off the amazing efforts of Sambala Samba School and RioBela Productions who put on a fantastic day!!! Capirinhas were flowing!

(Below is a picture of me and my son Vincent in front and, Alex de Oliveira, Thatiana Pagung and my beautiful wife Valeria in the back row.)


No comments: